We are committed to develop a whole-School policy for undergraduate and postgraduate education that will attract staff and students of talent; ensure high quality of all programmes; meet the needs of students; produce graduates and postgraduates who are fit for the nation's present and future health and health-care needs; and for research.
Some specific advantage of studying Dentistry at Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry are:
- In Spring 2014 the School of Dentistry moved into brand new state-of-the-art premises – The Royal London Dental Hospital – housing the most modern and technologically advanced equipment in the UK.
- Our unique location between the City of London and Docklands provides a broad diversity of patients from all cultures and social backgrounds.
- We are a small dental school so provide exceptional pastoral support throughout the programme, and as students commence employment
- We are a research-led institution which ensures that we are at the forefront of the provision of dental education and excellent patient care.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery 5 years FT
- The Centre for Dental Care Professionals offers a Foundation Certificate in Oral Health Education and a Diploma in Dental Hygiene and Therapy.
Postgraduate Taught Course
The Institute of Dentistry provides a thriving and stimulating academic and research environment, offering a wide range of postgraduate taught courses leading to degrees awarded by the University of London.
PhD opportunities are available across a wide range of disciplines within the Institute of Dentistry. Our policy is that our dental research should always be in the main stream of Biomedical Research, contributing to it and at the same time benefiting from strong interdisciplinary links. We take particular care to ensure the progress of PhD student by instituting progression reviews at 9, 18 and 30 months to ensure that work progresses smoothly and ensuring students have 2 supervisors.