At Barts and The London Dental School, we run a variety of verifiable CPD (Section 63) courses for Dentists, Dental Care Professionals and Dental Nurses.
Title: Orthodontic-surgical Correction of Dento-facial Deformity
Dates: Wednesday 31st January, Thursday 1st and Friday 2nd February 2018
Description: This 3-day course is aimed at Post-CCSTs in Orthodontics, Maxillofacial trainees and Junior Consultants. The course will be delivered by an experienced team of Consultants in Orthodontics and Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery involved in the management of complex dento-facial deformity.
Course content to include:
- Fundamentals of assessment, diagnosis & treatment planning
- Detailed description of surgical techniques
- Principles of cephalometric & model surgery planning
- Practical exercise: Cephalometric planning of a bi-maxillary case
- Management of antero-posterior, vertical and transverse skeletal discrepancies
- Management of asymmetries, condylar resorption and surgical complications
- On overview of Distraction Osteogenesis
- Stability of orthognathic correction
- Clinical case scenario session - evaluation of complex cases
|In a training post||Non trainee||Single day rate|
Closing date for application Monday, 15th January 2018 (places limited to 30 delegates).
Course fee is inclusive of course handouts as well as materials used in the practical session. It also includes an evening dinner on Thursday, 1st February 2018. Morning and afternoon refreshments and lunch are provided.
Title: Missing teeth: A multidisciplinary approach to achieving optimal outcomes
Dates: Monday 12th & Tuesday 13th March 2018
Day 1 is aimed at specialist trainees, Post-CCSTs & Specialists in Orthodontics, Restorative and Paediatric dentistry.
Day 2 is specifically aimed at Post-CCSTs, Year 3-5 Restorative Trainees & Specialists.
The course will be delivered by a highly experienced and established team of consultants specialising in the management of congenital and acquired tooth loss. The Team has been established for 15 years and present nationally and internationally.
Course content to include:
- Fundamentals of aetiology, assessment, diagnosis & treatment planning
- Importance of achieving optimal aesthetics and function
- The importance of a multi-disciplinary team approach
- Principles of orthodontic mechano-therapy
- Role of pre-treatment and in-treatment restorations
- Principles of restorative treatment options and timing
- The patient – journey with a step-by-step management approach
- Case-based discussions
|Trainee (StR 1 day)||FTTA trainee (2 days)||Non-trainee (2 days)|
Closing date for application Friday, 2nd March 2018 (limited places available).
Course fee is inclusive of course notes as well as materials used in the practical session. Morning and afternoon refreshments and lunch are provided.
Programme: Hypodontia Course Flyer 2018 [PDF 535KB]
2nd ITI Education Week London
Modern Treatment Solutions for Advanced Clinical Problems
July 9-13, 2018
Despite the high predictability of treatments with titanium dental implants, long term success and aesthetic outcomes are a continuing challenge in cases of implants placed in areas with significant bone and soft tissue loss. This course will provide evidence-based and up to date treatment solutions for different clinical scenarios where implant placement and restoration is not straightforward. Utilising clinically orientated lectures, workshops, live surgeries, videos and case based discussions, the participant will be provided with the necessary knowledge as well as technical advice/tips starting from initial treatment planning to the delivery of final implant restorations in advanced cases where the lack of hard and soft tissue creates a challenging clinical situation.
All courses for Dental Professionals are listed at eWisdom
020 7882 8156