Professor Alan Boyde, PhD, BDS, LDSRCS, MDhc, FRMS, FAS
Professor of Mineralised Tissue Biology
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +44 20 7882 5838Room Number: Dental Physical Science, Francis Bancroft Building
• Thomas Henry Huxley award, Zoological Society of London, 1964.
• Sir Frank Collyer Award, Royal Society of Medicine, 1965.
• Grand Prix d'ORCA (European Caries Research Organisation), 1966.
• Fellow, Royal Microscopical Society, 1974.
• Isaac Schour Memorial Award, International Association for Dental Research, 1980.
• Biological Council Medal awarded via The Royal Microscopical Society, 1986.
• (First) Anatomical Society Review Lecturer, 1986.
• Medal of the Brazilian Odontological Association, 1987.
• Honorary Founder Member of Association for Dental Implantology, 1987.
• Sir John Tomes Medal, Royal College of Surgeons of England, 1988.
• Basic Research in Biological Mineralisation Award, International Association for Dental Research, 1989.
• Robert Hooke Award, International Society for Analytical Cytology, 1991.
• Medal of the Fondation Singer-Polignac, Paris, 1996.
• Doctor Honoris Causae, Medicine, Charles University of Prague, 1996.
• Wellcome Trust Biomedical Imaging Awards, 1998 & 2002.
• President, Anatomical Society, 2002-2004.
• Honorary Member, Bone Research Society, 2002.
• Novartis / Daily Telegraph Visions of Science Award, 2002.
• Professor Emeritus, Cell and Developmental Biology, UCL, 2003.
• Abbe Lecturer, Royal Microscopical Society, 2003.
• Evelyn Sprawson Lecturer, London Hospital Dental Club, 2008.
• Bone Research Society, (First) Charles Dent Memorial Lecturer, 2009.
• Honorary Visiting Professor of Skeletal Biology, University of Suffolk, 2010.
• Slack Medal, Bart's & The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2011.
• Fellow Anatomical Society, 2012: Honorary Fellow, 2013.
• European Calcified Tissue Society, Excellence in Research Lecturer, 2013.
• Honorary Professor, Medicine (Mol. Endocrinol.), Imperial College London, 2015.
• Honorary Professor, Experimental Biophotonics, CEITEC, Brno, CZ, 2016.
• Bone Research Society, Invited Lecturer, Liverpool, 2016.
• Bloomsbury Centre for Skeletal Research, Lecturer, Inaugural meeting, 2016.
Dental and skeletal hard tissue development, structure, function, disease and treatment.
Skeletal tissue responses to hormonal and drug challenges, impact exercise, aging, osteomalacia, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, traumatic osteochondrosis, fatigue fracture, dental and skeletal implants, tumour metastases.
Skeletal changes in genetically modified mice.