Congratulations to Xiaojing Chen
24 February 2015
Congratulations to Xiaojing Chen, the runner up of the South East Heat of the 2015 Young Persons' Lecture Competition which is sponsored by the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining, with support from The Worshipful Company of Armourers & Brasiers.
The competition is aiming at recognising young person with outstanding lecturing skills. Candidates are judged by seven criteria:
1. Structure of the lecture, clarity of explanation and argument.
2. Standard of presentation including clarity of diction, personal enthusiasm for the subject, ability to deliver lecture spontaneously.
3. Clarity and relevance of any visual aids used.
4. Calmness and competence in handling judges' questions.
5. Technical content of the presentation.
6. Ability to deliver a concise, meaningful summary at the end of main points.
7. Clarity and relevance of the entrant's abstract.
Miss Chen presented a lecture based on her PhD research project for the competition. She is trained at Dental Physical Sciences under the supervision of Prof. Robert Hill and Dr. Natalia Karpukhina.